Top 10 Security Tips
Top Ten Security Tips for Customers
1. Do not disclose sensitive information to unidentified people or companies.
2. Be smart with your pass code. use a combination of letters and numbers and avoid using family names, your home address or other codes that would be easy to crack. Never reveal your code to anyone.
3. Destroy letters or statements that contain personal information or details of your financial affairs.
4. Install anti-phishing, anti-virus, and anti-spyware software on your computer. Keep it up-to-date.
5. Use a secure browser (https) that encrypts or scrambles online purchase information. Make sure that your browser's padlock icon is active.
6. Never run a program unless you know it to be authored by a person or company that you trust. Don't forward programs of unknown origin to friends or coworkers.
7. Never provide personal information unless you have initiated the contact and have confirmed the business or person's identity.
8. Be aware of phishing activity. If you get a suspicious phone call, hang up. If you receive a suspicious e-mail, delete it. Remember that a bank will never ask you for your online ID or pass code.
9. Report lost or stolen ID, cards and/or personal information immediately.
10. Monitor all of your banking and credit card accounts regularly. Check your credit report annually.